Agua Verdes Panhandle Freedive Classic
The 3rd Annual Agua Verdes Panhandle Freedive Classic Spearfishing Tournament will be held August 31 - Sept 2, 2018 (Friday - Sunday)! Weigh-ins will be Sunday, 2 - 4pm at Harbor Docks in Destin, FL!
Registration is open until Midnight, August 30, 2018.
- Valid fishing license is required of all participants.
- Open to all Gulf of Mexico Waters
- Tournament begins 5am, August 31 and ends 2pm, Sunday September 2.
- All fish subject to autopsy.
- No power heads allowed.
- Assistance from other divers is allowed, this is a team tournament.
- Fish speared from boats are not eligible.
- Scuba diving and the use of compressed air is not allowed.
- Reels and Bungee cords are allowed. Fish must be shot without the aid of compressed air rather active or passive. Bait and Burlee chumming is allowed.
- Diver must be present for Raffle prizes Sunday Sepember 2nd. All Sponsor Prizes/Products are to be given away during the Raffle.
SCORING-The species eligible for scoring will be Mangrove Snapper, Grouper, Cobia, Amberjack, Sheepshead and ‘Pelagic’ (mahi, tuna, wahoo, king mackeral, spanish mackeral, Permit, African Pompano).
- Fish will be weighed gutted so that day 1 fish don’t spoil.
- 1 fish per category will be weighed per team.
- 1st 2nd and 3rd places will be determined by 3, 2, 1 point system. Ties will be broken by cumulative fish weight.
TEAMSTeams must have at least 2 divers and a maximum of 6! Each team will be eligible to weigh 6 fish for points. Courtesy weights for club boards permitted. Teams will be a minimum of 2 divers. All boats must practice safe diving! Each diver will pay the entry fee of $40 for AV member and $60 non member. All team members need not be present at weigh in, but at least one representative. Team members must be on the same boat for the entirety of the tournament.
WEIGH INWeigh in will start at 2:00pm Sunday, September, 2, 2018. Each team must be in line to weigh fish no later than 4pm.
DATES & LOCATIONS Tournament begins 5am, August 31 and ends 2pm, Sunday September 2. Diving may take place anywhere in the Gulf of Mexico. Weigh-in location is accessible by boat. Due to Harbor Docks limited parking, we recommend dropping fish off for weight and parking at Benthic Ocean Sports if the lot is full.
Harbor Dock’s 538 Harbor Blvd Destin, FL 32541
TRAVELING COMPETITORSRental Houses - Click Here
Public GPS Numbers - Click Here
Boat Launch - Click Here
To register for the Panhandle Freedive Classic please print, fill out, scan or take a photo of the completed waiver, and email back to email@example.com. Tournament entry fee may be paid via PayPal in the section below.
To pay entry fee, click the button below. Be sure to select the correct option for membership status and correct shirt size.