2023 Panhandle Freedive Classic
SCORING-The species eligible for scoring will be red snapper, mangrove snapper, grouper, sheepshead, cobia, triggerfish, pelagic fish (5 lb minimum YFT, blackfin Tuna, Mahi, Wahoo, AP, King Mackerel). Fish will be weighed gutted so that day 1 fish don’t spoil. Weights will be in pounds. Tie in weight will go to all fish overall length. Places will be First, Second, Third.
TEAMS-Each team will be eligible to weigh fish for points. Teams will be a minimum of 3 divers. All boats must practice safe diving! One diver, one safety, one in the boat. Each diver will pay the entry fee of $75. All team members need not be present at weigh in, but at least one representative.
WEIGH IN-Weigh in will start at 12:00pm Sunday, October 8, 2023 at La Paz. Weigh master must see team representative AND cooler of fish by 11:59am.
DATES AND LOCATIONS-5:00 am Friday, October 6, 2023 to 11:59am Sunday, October 8, 2023. No fish cleaning at weigh in. Weigh and re-pack only.
Sign The Waiver
Competitors MUST sign this waiver in order to be entered into the tournament. If you do not sign the waiver, you WILL NOT be eligible for the tournament.
AVPHC Rules 2023
1. Registration ends at midnight on October 5, 2023. Registration fee is $75. All participants must register through the AV website at least 24 hours prior to start of the tournament.
Pay Registration Fee:
2. Valid fishing license is required of all participants.
3. Diving is open to all waters.
4. Competition starts Friday October 6, 2023 at 5:00 a.m. and ends Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 11:59 am
5. All fish subject to autopsy.
6. Scales open Sunday for the Awards Ceremony , October 8, 2023 10:30 am – 1:00 pm at La Paz in Destin Florida.
7. All decisions by AVPHC Officials will be final.
8. Headquarters for the AVPHC will be La Paz located at 950 Gulf Shore Drive Destin, FL
9. No power heads allowed.
10. Fish must be speared and apprehended by Diver without assistance.
11. Fish speared from boats are not eligible.
12. Scuba diving and the use of compressed air are not allowed.
13. Diver with float may let go of the line and follow the line with the boat, but must retrieve the fish while in the water. Diver must bring the fish and or the line to the boat without assistant. The boat may go to the diver. The diver may not hold on to a down line or to the anchor line when shooting the fish. Any length of line is allowed. Reels and Bungee cords are allowed. Fish must be shot without the aid of compressed air rather active or passive. Bait and Burlee chumming is allowed.
14. Diver must be present for Raffle prizes, Sunday, October 8th. All Sponsor Prizes/Products are to be given away during the Raffle.
15. The 3-2-1 point system will be used with ties broken by length.
16. In case of any ties due to weight and length the earliest fish (es) entered win(s).
17. Eligible fish species/ categories are as follows: red snapper, mangrove snapper, grouper, sheepshead, cobia, triggerfish, pelagic fish (5 lb minimum YFT, blackfin Tuna, Mahi, Wahoo, AP, King Mackerel).
18. Each individual is allowed to enter one fish per species category.
Tournament has a preferred hotel with event rates at The Island Resort on Okaloosa Island. You can also book by phone at 850-337-9194. FREE boat/trailer parking with security will be provided across the street from the hotel at the Desin/Ft Walton Convention Center.
Competition begins Friday, October 6 at 5:00 a.m. and ends Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 11:59 a.m.
Awards Ceremony will follow at 1:00 pm.
The AVPHC will recognize Cumulative points for TEAM 1, TEAM 2, TEAM 3. Overall Male and Overall Female.